It’s that time of year again- time to serve ‘em up at Longwood! We believe that tennis is fun and even more fun when making progress. We hope that your child will gain the skills needed to enjoy tennis for a lifetime by participating in the LCC tennis programs. We look forward to seeing many familiar faces this season as well as many new! We encourage new Junior players to take advantage of the complimentary tennis assessment offered by our professional staff, which is described further in the scheduled camp events.
Please contact us at any time if we can be of assistance. We look forward to seeing you at the club!
- The Longwood Tennis Staff & Junior Tennis Committee
The Longwood Junior Program strives to help our Junior players develop a love for the game of tennis, advance the mastery of skills, and make connections to the LCC community. We respect the pace of childhood and recognize that tennis development takes time. With this in mind, we emphasize the development of athleticism and tennis skills in an engaging and fun environment. We believe in the importance of great instructors and seek out staff members who are positive role models and mentors for our Junior members.
- Offers a safe and fun tennis-oriented summer day camp for kids ages 4 ½ to 15
- utilizes the USTA Quick Start format
- offers small group and private lessons throughout the season
- emphasizes tennis technique as well as match-play strategy
- provides opportunity for inter-club matches
- promotes sportsmanship
- offers weekly assessments for each camper
- Provides Juniors with an opportunity for swim lessons as well as a competitive swim experience with the Longwood Swim Team
- lifeguards CPR/AED certified
- lifeguards Red Cross certified